Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Plastic Fantastic: An Unlikely Fashion Fad

Quirky and cool, clear/perspex clutches and bags seem to be totally in at the moment. You've probably already seen them on a ton of catwalks and in various designer lines already, but they're only just hitting the streets and becoming available to buy! It's slightly weird that "plastic bags" are suddenly making it big in the fashion world, and I'm not sure if I'm totally down with them yet (it's mainly because I don't want everything in my bag on show), but I suppose they're pretty cool and go well with a lot of outfits!

Most of the perspex clutches and bags that are available to buy are not particularly big, so if you're thinking of getting one don't overfill it! I hoard so much in my tote bag, but if you're going plastic only pack the bare essentials: I'm talking sunglasses, phone, keys, wallet, the odd makeup item or two but then that's it, anymore than that is a big no-no.





I'm probably not going to be purchasing one anytime soon, largely due to the fact that I'm one of the messiest people ever (I also keep a lot in my bag) and, although they're pretty cool and I absolutely love neon colours, I'm definitely not going to be able to keep my clutch 100% tidy 100% of the time. But, for those who think they could rock it, here a couple of my faves:
- Chanel Cassette Clutch (Sadly you can't buy this anymore, but it was so cool I had to share!
- Zara Neon Box Clutch, £9.99
- White Klear Klutch, £59.99






So? What do you guys think of this season's newest trend? Cool or not? Leave your answers and stuff in the comments section!


No comments:

Post a Comment